Posted on 23, March, 2020
Last Modified on 23, March, 2020
Pop-up stores are literally popping up everywhere in many different markets. Even bigger brands have tried and succeeded in this market because there are plenty of advantages to utilizing pop-up stores.
- Creates buying urgency: Pop-up stores tap into one of the things that has made Snapchat so popular – brevity. The temporary state of pop-up stores creates a sense of urgency with your products and the sale.
- Influences direct buying decisions: The ‘here today, gone tomorrow’ storefront creates a certain buzz and triggers consumers impulse buying decisions. The kind of products and prices you are offering at a pop-up sale helps influence their buying decision and forces them to make decisions quicker.
- Mobile in-person effect: Pop-up stores allow you to go where your customers are, giving you a “mobile” store effect and the ability to be with your customers in person.
- Test new markets: While it’s probably a better practice to go where your customers are, pop-up stores also give you the ability to find new customers and markets that your business may currently not be tapping into.
- Build awareness: Taking your show on the road, so to speak, helps you build awareness of your brand in general. Even if what you’re able to sell in your pop-up store is limited, building awareness of your product line and brand might almost be as good as sales made from your pop-up store.
- Higher foot traffic: Not being restricted by a brick and mortar store gives you a little more access to crowds. Utilizing temporary pop-up stores gives you the opportunity to pick a place that generally sees more foot traffic.
Now that you know some of the benefits of a pop-up store, here are a few tips that can help increase its success level.
- Try a theme: If you have a particular inventory of items you are planning on selling, build your marketing campaign of that store around those items. Take advantage of the temporary nature of pop-up stores and build a marketing theme out of yours.
- Stay on brand: One of the benefits of pop-up stores is the branding opportunity and building brand awareness. So whatever your theme is or whatever signage and displays you use, make sure it reflects your brand effectively.
- Have good lighting: No matter where you are selling your product or brand, it’s always important to have good lighting. Depending on where you are setting up your pop-up store, you may need additional lighting to help make sure your stand is noticed.
- Bright colored signage: The signage you use to promote your pop-up store can make a big difference. Use a color scheme that will help you stand out, use colors that tap into consumer emotions but be sure not to stray too far from your brand’s colors either.
- Street/aisle signs: Using signage that can fit on a sidewalk, right in front of your pop-up store without taking up valuable space or hurting potential foot traffic is important.
- Floor graphics: You want to conserve as much space as possible in your pop-up store for inventory and customers. One way to be mindful of space and still push your message is by utilizing floor graphics.
- Ceiling hanging advertisements: If your pop-up store is at a random or remote location, ceiling hanging signs might be a little harder to utilize. But if you have the chance to use ceiling posters and signs, like with floor graphics, you have a chance to save space and utilize good advertising.
- Tents: Using a tent for your pop-up store potentially gives you the option of being able to take your store outdoors. Instead of trying to find an aisle or space inside a building, you can try to catch the crowd outdoors with a unique kind of pop-up store.
- Flags: Advertising flags can significantly help draw a crowd to your pop-up store as they can be placed away from your store or near it and are visible from a distance.