Posted on 13, March, 2020
Last Modified on 13, March, 2020
Looking for ideas to spice up the traditional awards dinner? Banners and other graphic displays are an excellent way to bring color and excitement to the event. Not every event can be the Academy Awards, but you can still mix in a lot of fun with the speeches and handing out of awards. You also want to take advantage of the opportunity to remind participants and attendees of who you are and what you offer.
There’s a lot of work that goes into a successful awards dinner. Choosing a theme, designing the stage, and entertaining guests are three of the most important visual aspects you need to plan. Banners, table throws, digital displays, and tabletop displays are terrific options for making your next awards dinner a night to remember.
Pick a Theme
From casual to black tie, try choosing a theme for your awards dinner to make for a fun and unforgettable event for honorees and guests alike. Popular themes include Christmas or other holidays, Arabian Nights, the Roaring 20s, the Wild Wild West, Hollywood movies, Broadway shows, mystery nights and tropical settings.
Set the Stage
Once you know your theme, it’s time to think about how to use displays with your other decorations, like flowers, centerpieces and candles.
- In place of plain tablecloths, use a solid color table throw with a printed runner or two crisscrossing individual tables. Add another tablecloth for the dais, and have your logo and/or message custom-printed across the front. For the table runners, add the same logo, other images and/or text. Tablecloths and runners are an affordable way to add a professional, yet elegant look to your event.
- Use custom wall décor that hangs without nails or the use of tools. Large vinyl removable wall art can be used to showcase photos of the honorees or be printed with scenes that fit your event’s theme.
- Add a fun element like a custom step and repeat banner with your company’s logo and the name of the awards ceremony. Give guests hashtag suggestions for when they post their picture on social media. Have honorees pose in front of the banner with their awards.
- Use tabletop sign holders and banners to post the menu, event schedule, silent auction lists, and other information about your organization, supporters, sponsors, and the awards dinner itself.
- A scrolling banner can be used to showcase slides of the person or people receiving awards. Use another to display the names and logos of the evening’s sponsors.
Show Them They’re Appreciated
Awards dinners are a wonderful way to recognize people for outstanding achievement and for strengthening your organization. They can extend your brand’s reach, as well as influence and inspire employees. The bottom line: recognition motivates people to strive for excellence, and everyone benefits from it!